Today we will explore a topic that’s set to bring a sense of relief to both business owners and customers alike: Automating Business Services aka Customers Self-Serve
Now, we understand that the term “automation” might not set your heart racing with excitement. But before you dismiss it, hang on for a moment. We’re not referring to your run-of-the-mill automation. We’re delving into something that’s not only vital but incredibly beneficial: Customer Self-service!
Customer self-serve automation is all about using technology to help customers do things on their own, without needing to talk to a person. For example, if you wanted to check the status of your order, instead of calling a customer service representative or sending an email, you could go to a website or use an app to find that information yourself.
The idea behind this is to make things faster and more convenient for customers while providing your employees enough time to focus on more complex tasks. With customer self-serve automation, your customers can get the information they need or perform tasks in their own time, without having to wait for someone else to help them. Win-win for both parties!
Importance of automation in business services
Have you ever noticed that some businesses have online portals or chatbots that let you handle things like checking your account status or making a payment without talking to a person? This is a clear example of customer self-serve automation, and it’s becoming more common as businesses try to make things easier for their customers.
The idea is that by automating certain tasks, customers self-serve can take place without needing to call or email for help and businesses, this can be a good thing because it frees up staff time and can make things more efficient overall – it can save time and money because they don’t need as many people to handle customer inquiries and tasks.
By using tools like chatbots, self-service portals, and automated phone systems, businesses can provide their customers with easy access to information and the ability to perform tasks at their own pace. This means less time spent on hold or waiting for assistance, and more time for customers to get things done quickly and efficiently. Overall, customer self-service automation is definitely something you have to integrate into your business.
Considerations before implementation
Although it can be a daunting task to implement, the pros of customer self-service automation far outweigh the cons. And as always, it’s safer to know what to consider before implementing.
- Identify services that can be automated: You should never leave it all for technology to handle. Your customers still need to build rapport with your business. Ergo, the first step in implementing customer self-service automation is to identify services that can be automated. It involves looking at routine tasks or inquiries that can be handled through an automated system. For example, a hotel might automate the check-in process using self-check-in kiosks.
- Choose the right technology: Once you’ve identified the services that can be automated, you need to choose the right technology to implement them. This can involve selecting software or hardware that can support the self-service system. For example, a bank might use online account management software (*cue* Bank application) to allow customers to handle routine banking tasks on their own.
- Integrate automation with existing systems: This can pose a challenge, but it’s essential to ensure a seamless customer experience regardless of technology. It involves seamless integration of your new software with existing systems to provide a smooth experience for customers. For example, your business can integrate chatbots with human customer service representatives to ensure timely and accurate responses to customers.
- Train staff and customers: It’s important to train both staff and customers on how to use the self-service options to ensure they are comfortable and confident with the technology. This can involve providing training materials or offering in-person training sessions to help customers and staff learn how to use the self-service system. For example, a business owner provides short training clips to educate customers on how to navigate their website or their app, etc.
What your business stands to gain with customer self-serve automation
- Cost saving: Automating routine tasks through self-service not only increases your business efficiency, it also saves you money! This means your employees can now focus on more complex tasks.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Customer self-service automation greatly improves customer satisfaction by providing quick and easy access to information and services. Customers can get what they need at their convenience, without having to wait on hold or talk to a representative.
- Reduced wait time: By allowing customers to handle tasks on their own, businesses can reduce wait times for those who need to speak with a representative. No more unexplained wait times!
- Greater accuracy and consistency: To err is human… Well, self-service automation can ensure that tasks are completed accurately and consistently, with little to no possibility of employee error.
Real-life examples of customer self-service automation
Have you ever checked in for your flight online? That’s an example of successful customer self-serve automation in the airline industry! With online check-in, customers can handle routine tasks themselves, reducing wait times and making the experience more convenient for everyone especially you the business owner or in this case…airline owner.
Another example of successful self-serve automation is the banking industry’s use of online banking and mobile apps. With these tools, customers now handle routine transactions like checking their account balance or paying bills on their own as against visiting the bank for any minor inconvenience or request.
It offers greater convenience to customers, allowing them to handle tasks from anywhere and at any time.
As a business owner wishing to thrive in the age of technology, It’s easy to get left in the stone age when one isn’t constantly keeping up-to-date with the current advancements. And that’s why eBanqo is your best bet!
By offering customers a self-service option, your business can reduce costs and provide customers with greater control over their interactions.
However, it is important that you approach self-service automation thoughtfully and strategically, ensuring that it aligns with your overall business objectives and meets the needs of your customers.
Ultimately, successful self-service automation requires a healthy balance between technology and human empathy, ensuring that your customers can easily access the information and services they need while feeling supported and valued throughout their journey.
We want to help you make informed decisions on how to get the best out of customer self-service automation, please send us a message at email@example.com, and let’s get you started!